Helping families get ahead
From 1 July 2015, a number of important policies take effect that will help New Zealand families get ahead and put more money back in your pocket.
- Free GP visits and prescriptions for children under 13. This will benefit more than 750,000 children across the country.
- An increase in paid parental leave payments to $516.85 per week – we also increased paid parental leave to 16 weeks on 1 April this year.
- More assistance for solo parents who are studying.
- More funding for hospices to help them expand their community palliative services, to better support terminally-ill people at home and in aged-care facilities.
- Saving up to $130 a year on your car registration for petrol cars through lower annual ACC licence levies.
This means more money in your pockets.
National is committed to giving our youngest New Zealanders the best start in life, and that means ensuring they’re able to go to the doctor any time of the day or night without their parents having to worry about the cost.
New Zealand’s economy is performing well thanks to our responsible management of the Government’s books.
That means we are able to deliver initiatives like these to help everyday New Zealand families get ahead.